DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in POPI
- “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “Community” includes clients, students, employees, contractual life coaches, consultants and suppliers.
- “Belinda Pieterse” means Belinda Pieterse Counselling and Life Coaching
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Belinda Pieterse will only collect and/or process the Personal Information of persons who have consented to such collection and/or processing.
- In collecting and/or processing Personal Information:
- Belinda Pieterse will only collect and/or process Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which such Personal Information is required. The specific purpose for which Personal Information is collected and/or processed will be lawful and such purpose will be apparent from the context in which the Personal Information is requested.
- Belinda Pieterse will only collect and/or process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is collected and/or processed.
- Personal Information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or Belinda Pieterse is permitted to do so in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of Personal Information.
- Belinda Pieterse will keep records of all Personal Information collected as well as the specific purpose for which it was collected, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which such Personal Information was last used or Belinda Pieterse is required, by law, to keep such records for a longer period of time.
- Belinda Pieterse will not disclose any person’s Personal Information to any third party, unless such person, whose Personal Information is so requested, has provided Belinda Pieterse with prior written consent to do so or Belinda Pieterse is required, by law, to disclose such information to a third party.
- Where Belinda Pieterse has obtained consent to disclose any person’s Personal Information to any third party, Belinda Pieterse will retain a record of the Personal Information so disclosed. Such record shall include the third party to which the Personal Information was disclosed, the reason for such disclosure and the date of such disclosure. This record shall be kept by Belinda Pieterse for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which the Personal Information was disclosed or Belinda Pieterse is required, by law, to keep such records for a longer period of time.
- Belinda Pieterse will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer required by Belinda Pieterse for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- The implementation of this policy is assigned to the office of the records manager (“the Records Manager”).
- Save as where otherwise resolved Belinda Pieterse is the Records Manager.
- The Records Manager shall take reasonable measures to ensure that Personal Information is identified, classified, retained, stored, protected and disposed of in such a manner that its integrity is not compromised and that unlawful access to or dissemination of such Personal Information is prevented.
- Notwithstanding the a foregoing, neither Belinda Pieterse nor the Records Manager, shall be liable under any circumstances for any loss or damage sustained as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITE
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.